Pagine

Post piĆ¹ popolari

30 Nov 2013

Mao-Mini-DAC is born!..........NOS TDA1543 sounds very good indeed!!!!


ehi are you winking at me??!!! :-D


...on red adapter shines the CS8412 cirrus logic's chip, regarded as one of the best s/pidf receiver on market 

here you are the ultimate result of my work.......and the shy TDA1543 is hidden behind the output cable



2and...in close up you can see the two toshiba FET I used to strenghten the DAC signal towards the output

For the PCB path I used thick copper wire  and plenty of tin for the solder joints


2 separate voltage regulators for each digital and analog supply...

in order to provide a USB connection with PC, it use a Burr Brown PCM2704 based  module



...ooooh!!.....this is the perfect square wave aobtained by the PCM2704 ...one of the best I've ever seen.......one day I will show you some of the old cd player out.....
the miniDAC laying on the bigger brother....the difference???....the first is feeded by a separate 12V switching power supply...and if you want to use it even in the car it's ready yet .....the last one has is own internal power supply.
There's a tiny difference between the two in sounds term : the last one is a tad more detailed with even a little difference in soundstage terms!



...a nice back with golden connectors!


....here it is, playing music in a superb way ..... surpassed only by my Tubed Philips (in my bunch) ......but they're so close.....really very close!
It seems to be winking at me with its nice amber eye .....in the mean time it's giving a special warmth , body and openness to my music, like I didn't hear before by any "not tubed" device !!!


Since my firrst listen,TDA1543 NonOverSampling, was a revelation to me, indeed !... Formerly,I was listening at it in some CD Player , in a 4X-oversampling setup with an NJM4560 output (classical op-amp)...and...the sound was terribly laid back poor of detail with very strong, but muddy bass; fairly balanced medium range and lack of  extreme high frequencies ...but after all you can feel its highly musical temper!
It doesn't seems an outstanding review, but believe me I don't want to talk bad of it.... not even inside a normal Sony CDP391 (don't ask me why, mounted inside Philips CDPlayers it sounds worst!)....inside any Sony CD Player TDA1543 sounds  better than average "CXD Sony chips" ....it's more musical!
In NOS setup it shines over the masses .....you don't need to talk about it but just listen at it!! It deserve!!!


see also : http://maoaudiolab.blogspot.it/2013/12/maodac1.html

                   http://maoaudiolab.blogspot.it/2014/03/maodac1541.html


No comments:

Post a Comment