Pagine

Post piĆ¹ popolari

7 Oct 2013

Marantz CD63 MKII KIS........esoteric????not really!!...copper fetish, I'd say!!! :-) ...

........I really can't understand why some folks  dare to call it esoteric (original), even if it's a real good sounding cd-player....but after several mods it earn a very good place in the golden skies of Audiophile listening!
mmm.....golden plate it's like cufflink of nightshirt of a very trendy man

copper bathed case it's like a tanned velvety skin....but alas....raped by blue-tack!!!


...ooh sexy butt baby !

upside down.....almost!......laid aside!


...a good sounding chip from Nippon Precision....you can find it in many Onkyo players and......shame!...I find them a tad better sounding on Onkyo boards....it's only my opinion!

some audiophilers would says:"uuh ceramic noo!".....my answer is:LISTEN BEFORE TO TALK! :-)

...cutting here(pin2)

...cutting there(as close as possible to oscillator's cap)

two poliester caps close to DAC...the first yelded direcly on DAC pin to avoid RF trouble

             





two Low esr , takes place of the ceramic caps getting closer to DAC

oscillator quartz shield grounded could be usefull!!





I let all the work to a pair of brilliant Analog Devices OP249 class A fitted on the sockets.......a pair of BP Nichicon Muse bypassed by polyester....and go to the output throught loved Allen-Bradley carbon composite resistor!
......ahh HDAM??.. bypassed of course!


on a surgery..........



PCB as comes as original

fitting the sockets...


getting ready to new voltage regulators and new filter caps


old suff

some of the new stuff













How does it sound??? ..now it's worthy to be called a very good sounding CD Player!!!!! CD63 now and only now you could take place in the golden heaven of the audiophile players!



see also:


2 comments:

  1. It's amazing Maurizio's work!
    Crisp, clear, airy soundstage, deep 3d image.
    Perfect separation between instruments, rock equipment vigorous with a stron bass, classical violins light as feathers.

    A new CDP, very close to the memory of an ancient Marantz CD17 sound listened in milan years ago..............

    A very remarkable work, a masterpiece from an Hi-Fi teacher............

    Go on in this way, Mau!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks a lot Stefano, I think you're flattering me .....anyway....I guess you're satisfied with my job!! :-D Pls remember me to pay in your bank account one million dollars I promise you for this review!!!
      Jokes aside, I'm very glad you got this great feelings with its listening!.........unfortunately I never heard the CD17 .......may be one day................

      Delete