Pagine

Post più popolari

16 May 2012

Pioneer DV-570 + OPA2134 or THS4032 self designed output and dedicated power supply.....and toad becomes prince!!!!!!

Did you really think that all discontinued DVD players are junks??........and maybe that the cheapest of burr brown DACs are crap??





 ....a strange alien appear behind the disc sledge......and strange wires'reswinging inside the case..........
from a large wiew of the main board something strange appear to me!!!....mmmh.....let me se just a little bit close up!!!!.......


 ....the thriller is always more intense and the riddle even more misterious ;-))....a couple of green wires are stolen somethings near the Burr Brown DAC .....I think the stereo's analog signal..mmh.....takin it away to what????? ...... should be a stand-alone LPF filter??!!!!! :-)
The DAC is the cheapest of a great family ...could it be so bad??????!!!!........or it's the umpteenth of the commercial games??!!........but let me follow these wires ;-)


...ooooh I was right a stand alone PCB /lpf filter behind the sledge.......

here you are a nice couple of nichicon muse fitted by me close the DAC ;-).....they would do an excellent work there!!!!!
mmmh someone took off the coupling capacitors taking signals to original LPF, to take it ......se below......

ooooh at first glance it seems a mess ...I've to admit this is to listen not to look at!!!!! ;-) understand???!!!
It's born like an evalutation board of the PCM1742 using first class component and an advised design from Burr Brown a little modified.........I know u're raving to know what's in the socket.....right?!....well a nice OPA2134...one of the best for this design!
......hope u noticed the 7912 to feed the 4th pin wich was left to the ground by the pioneer's engineers
 :-(....and now?quite better ...I would say the result is really from a bad sounding junk to a prince of sound!!!!

ok ok I confess.....I stoled power directly from power supply board using a volt regulator for negative feed
....I  forgot...no coupling cap in the input....using Jfet Opamp ;-)




The result is terryfing good!!!! as quite good as the tubed player.....to be true tubed is a tad better ..more relaxed......but u want to consider the quality over the expenses?! this would be one of the best player not using tube i've ever eard.......



......and finally here you are the final result!!!!! Abarthized case by Maury!!!!  ;-))




18-09-2012 Upgrade

......ok ok this was not enough! NOt completely satisfied with the poor kind of power supply of the original Pioneer I decided to realize my own project of power supply with ultra-fast diode, highly valued LM337-317 voltage regulators with very low noise and high amount of output current ,followed by low ESR elna end very low ESR sanyo!



 here you can take a look at the relè at transformer side ....I stoled current from the unused original opamp to feed excitation coil of the relè and giving so a chance to the trafo to take rest when the device is switched off!!!! ;-)

 up view....

 wider view....




 now an amazing sounding THS4032 in the socket! ;-)


Believe me or not  now it sounds really GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!



Rev.A


Now LT1678 is running in its gutt with great result!!!!...more armonic on piano playing, more open soundstage, very good presentation with deep bass......yes it sound like an op-amp but I think it's one of the best I've ever eard at!!!!!


..but take a look of it...interesting!!!!!;-)



Next step will be to try the mosfet stage!!!mmmmm....




.....to be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment