Pagine

Post piĆ¹ popolari

30 Oct 2013

Krell MD2 & Stealth ....the persuaders!! ... notes flows from a new couple of audiophile AD8065 !

Stealth!??!..is it an U-BOOT or an audio device??! ;-)...I would ask where's the loot........probably I'll find jewel inside this case......... :-)



..infact jewel lays inside strongboxes and Krell are heavy and very strong , that's means no vibration at all....and even a thick front alu panel.....by the way , I love this trendy grafite grey!




"cou cou!"....this is the eye of this device ....a reliable and very good CDM01...sometime I ask to myself why they stops producing all the best goods...(I'm only ironic.....I know exactly why)



a shark tooth digital signal from MD2






a good mains filter....


ooh well build!


mmm.....that's for oversampling ....some purists would prefear NOS ,even me thought!


Burr Brown most of time do a very good job with his DAC chips, sometimes great! 


uuuh....so crowded!.........



old but fast Analog Devices opamps everywhere....


mmm. so tidy and very good component....look! all resistors are WISHAY DALE and discrete toshiba!


most of capacitors medium size are tantalium..and I know how they works fine in audio! ;-)



Here you are the battlefield of digital to analog conversion! ;-)



It's an amazing device ,but even the best sometime needs care and I found on main PCB many dry welding and oxide everywhere..

....on the bottom side i noticed wasn't applied any insulating lacquer.....this could be a bug for a so expensive device!


go on tweacking a little bit......let start with two socket for the new operational amplifier




....you can't find them DIP? .....most of time I find the best only  SMD , so go on building an adapter....


Yeah!!!No dubt AD8065 likes me so much since the first whimper...they works great inside this Krell!!!



....they're rated to work up to 24Volts but I made them work several time over this threshold , this time are 28Volts tot in differential supply....the result is a sharper sound and much more dynamic.....I know they're much more stronger than the specifications.


AD8065 are the single brother of AD8066.....they don't need to be introduced!!!....I think they sounds a tad better than the dual one!

Now the sound is impressive ....there is more sharpness, more room overall and you can distinguishing much better the insrument separation!!!
I think it's a very good improvement!!! Worth to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment